How to create a Content Marketing Strategy
Do you know that most of the businesses don’t have a drafted content marketing strategy? These days content is not just about posting blogs. In fact, there are various types of content that comes under content marketing. A structured content strategy includes various types of content and multiple channels where you can publish them. The key ingredient of a content marketing strategy is nothing but quality. In order to perform better than your competitors and rank high in search engines, you need to have a solid content marketing strategy in place.
A right content marketing strategy will let you efficiently achieve your content marketing goals. Let us walk you through the key steps to develop a content marketing plan.
The first step of making a strategy begins with defining goals that the organisation needs to achieve and what part does content has to play in it. These are some goals that content marketing can help you to achieve:
- Increasing Brand Awareness
- Driving traffic to the website
- Generate Sales
- Customer Retention
- Know your Audience: In order to develop a successful content marketing strategy, you need to dictate your target audience which is also known as buyer’s persona. Once you understand your audience, figure out the best channels where you can target them with your content.
- Content Curation: A great content starts with a clear idea of what you have to communicate to your readers. In order to achieve that, you need to develop a content with consistent tone which reflects the brand. Ensure that your content is optimized for search engines, your readers and most importantly the goals of your company.
- Implement: Find out where and how the information is consumed by your target audience. Know that there are different stages in the funnel and in each stage, different content will be required. Draft a plan that will show what type of content will go on which day or week.
- Measure: Your content strategy is only helping you when it’s adding value to your brand or helping you achieve your business goals. Check whether people are interacting with your content, and how your content is having an impact on your website. By tracking the activity, you will be able to improve your content strategy which will eventually improve your results.